Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

A Sign of our Time



No Trespassing. That’s what the sign says. 

This photo probably indicates that I can’t… 
a)      see too well
b)      read too well
c)      understand too well
d)      all of the above.
e)      none of the above

That’s part of the problem when you get older; stuff wears out. Maybe that was the reason why I was sitting on those worn out ties that had been removed. The rusty railway line looks much the same way too. I may as well include the rocks and trees,  because they too have been around for a while.

That morning I was waiting for a train to come along…and I actually did pass a train that was travelling on this railroad and in this direction when I came here. Seems that the train couldn’t make it this far either.

One thing that I have learned over the years is that train watching is really a misnomer for this activity. Most hours are really spent track watching. I should know…I’ve seen a lot of trainless tracks over the decades. Below is a free sample.

Anyway, the good part is that railway tracks are easier to follow than animal tracks. If you don’t believe me, then give both a try and see what you think. Just remember though, don’t go and pass that sign there.

Really, I like being out here doing this. I am certain I’ll be back again, and glad to be back whenever that day comes.

Oh yes…the answer to the question: I don’t really know. Just like in school, I wasn’t paying attention.





The Oddblock Station Agent
Away from the station but maybe on the right track


No comments:

Post a Comment