Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Benched

Down by the station...
During the course of a year a few things actually are designed and do get made in the station, aside from sawdust and blocks. 

Here is our frequent visitor showing off the versatility of the latest prototype which was painted to match the station. Nothing high-tech here…which means it was easy for the builder to understand and assemble. Of course I am referring to the bench.

My wish was to make a few of these and sell them for just enough to cover the cost of materials, but in the end I could not even give them all away. The wood is pine and workmanship is good, really it is. The problem it seems is that people don’t have a place for a bench. If they do have a place, then no one really has time to sit and relax for a few moments.

Another benefit the bench does provide is a flat surface and it can always be used to stack other stuff on top…even another bench as I have learned when too many are assembled at one time and space is tight. 

Following is a bench made from white ash and hickory lumber that came from Maine. The two woods, (at least the boards I used) are similar in colour and appearance.


I think I like this one best. Can I get down now?


One more bench. Hey! What's going on over there?

Do you know anyone who would like a bench?


The Oddblock Station Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment