Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Journey's End!


The name of this post sounds like a former motel chain in Canada, but regardless, the name fits well here, because mile 2770 was walked on August 02, 2017.

As I've mentioned in other postings, walking is an integral part of cardiac rehabilitation programs that hospitals provide to heart attack survivors. I know because I'm a cardiac arrest survivor who went through an excellent rehab program, therefore walking became an integral part of my recovery. I continue with my daily walking as part of my effort and struggle with heart disease. 

If you're wondering, unfriendly dogs on the loose, hidden skunks (have been inches away but never sprayed though) and ice-covered sidewalks are probably the worst but not-too-often headaches to contend with.

"The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever more."
(Psalm 121:8)
Daily walking does indeed involve constant going out and coming in.


All are post-heart attack miles recorded using the Nike app on my iPhone.


If I was actually able to make the foot journey to Vancouver, then this is where I would have started... Union Station near Front & Yonge.

Started: November 22, 2013

Decades ago my first ever visit to Toronto was through Union Station to visit the CN Tower. I can't say that my first impression of Toronto has ever changed though. 

Likewise, if I was arriving at my Vancouver destination, then I would have crossed Burrard Street Bridge and ended my journey at Kitsilano Beach.

Finished: August 02, 2017

Quite fitting a choice I think, because once upon a time I lived in Kitsilano and walked over this bridge many times on the way home from work.

A few of the miles recorded in this journey were actually walked in Kitsilano when Kie and I visited there in 2015. 

Following are a few distance stats over the route I would have used, but I can't say how long it took me to walk the equivalent of each leg.



Miles
Toronto Sudbury 256.5
Sudbury Thunder Bay 634.4
Thunder Bay Winnipeg 439.6
Winnipeg Calgary 831.3
Calgary Vancouver 608.2

Total 2770

Month with the least recorded miles walked: February 2014 - 10.7 miles
Month with the most recorded miles walked: April 2017 - 91.16 miles

I suppose the most logical question to ask now is, "What's next?"

Honestly, I have no idea but I'll keep on walking as long as I'm able to.

Deo Gratias


The Oddblock Station Agent




No comments:

Post a Comment