Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

32 YEARS !!!



Thirty-two years ago this date, literally on the other side of the world, and three days after we met for the very first time.

"And they called Rebekah, and said to her, "Will you go with this man?" She said, "I will go."

This photo was taken on January 18, 1980, moments after the two of us were married in the government office in Malang, East Java, Indonesia.

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favour from the Lord." 
(Proverbs 18:22)

The photo below was taken in Maine. Rangeley Lake is in the background.

The years have passed quickly.



The Oddblock Station Agent

经纪


Addendum January 18, 2016


Happy 36th Anniversary !!
 
January 18 comes but once a year - all days can claim the same reappearance frequency - except February 29 of course.

I have never forgotten January 18, 1980.

One small story that has not been mentioned before was on the 17th, the night before.

Completely unexpected, real culture shock had hit me like a truck. Indonesia was vastly different from North America and far more different from what I had ever imagined. (No internet, no Google and almost no genuine current information about Indonesia available in Canada back then.) When I was explaining to Kie about how different Canada is, tears started running down her face. 

Upon seeing her tears, I was convinced she had changed her mind about getting married and coming to Canada with me. Turns out that when I started talking about the differences, Kie thought I was changing my mind about her; that thought had never crossed my mind.

As history reveals, we were married the following day.


Kie and I with Jonah in May 2015 - celebrating Kie's birthday at the Old Mill.
 
That's Grandma and Grandpa with Jonah! 
 
As the above image shows, I've become an old man but Kie has aged only a little, and gracefully too.
 
Deo Gratias!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment