![]() |
| Down by the station... |
Here is our frequent visitor showing off the versatility of the latest prototype which was painted to match the station. Nothing high-tech here…which means it was easy for the builder to understand and assemble. Of course I am referring to the bench.
My wish was to make a few of these and sell them for just enough to cover the cost of materials, but in the end I could not even give them all away. The wood is pine and workmanship is good, really it is. The problem it seems is that people don’t have a place for a bench. If they do have a place, then no one really has time to sit and relax for a few moments.
Another benefit the bench does provide is a flat surface and it can always be used to stack other stuff on top…even another bench as I have learned when too many are assembled at one time and space is tight.
Following is a bench made from white ash and hickory lumber that came from Maine. The two woods, (at least the boards I used) are similar in colour and appearance.


No comments:
Post a Comment